Thursday, October 18, 2012

The little, but meaningful word, that is apparently NOT in my vocabulary

Ok, so lately everyone around me has been trying to teach me a nice little word, that for some ungodly reason I just can't get out of my mouth.....N-O! Seems simple right? Well it's not. I am a people pleaser. I want to help. I want to see you smile. I want to be involved. So, naturally, when someone asks me to do something, I say....YES! Sure! No Problem! Just tell me when and where! Oy-vey.

I am exhausted. I LOVE helping my friends. I love the joy I get out of helping! Just this past weekend we had the best time of our lives in the Sweet and Savory sisters booth! (You can go see their blog HERE!) They are totally ( ) this close to being famous, but most importantly, they are like the sisters I never had. Weekend's like that I am glad I said yes! However, this weekend is the 2012 Miss Smithville Blue Jean pageant for the Chicken Pie Festival.... I kid you not. You just can't make this shit up! And guess who got wrangled into being in charge? Yeppers, you totally got it. This girl. I have spent this week finding mums, making programs, lining up dj's, fixing the chicken costume, getting tiaras and sashes ready. Sounds fun right?! Luckily, I have some of the most amazing friends who step-in within a moments notice.And for YOU guys (Erin, Miloy, Will, and Christen) I am totally grateful! Now... if I can just find someone to wear the chicken costume and do the chicken dance.....

Anyway. You get the point this week has been hectic. Last week was hectic with midterms. Next week is going to be hectic with a Memorial disc golf tournament for my amazing husbands brother, Josh Franklin (which I totally need to wrangle up some sponsorships for... No shame honey. Shameless plug) And then the next weekend is Walk a Mile in her Shoes for sexual abuse victims, and that night is my sweet friends birthday party. I'm thinking you get the picture and I have probably totally lost you by now.

I am going to start saying no. I have a child, I have a husband, and I totally need to start taking care of me. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband that puts up with my craziness. He loves me when I cry, when I'm tired, when I don't do the dishes, when I bring home takeout, and even when I leave the clothes in the washer for a day. (don't act like it's never happened to you)

So, I have taken a vow and I am going to share it with you. After November 3, I WILL NOT volunteer for anything and will use the word "no" until January 1st. November and December is for family. If it doesn't have to do with family, it is out the window. Or at least I am going to try.... I'm kind of a softy sometimes, so please don't use puppy dog eyes or the face my son uses and we should be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment